The certificate was issued by Felten & Guilleaume Carlswerk. It has as face value of 100 Reichmarks and was sold in Koeln (Colone) in December 1941.
The origin of Felten & Guilleaume lies in the craft business of the Felten family. In 1823 the first ad was published in Cologne for the company. In 1838 the company began to make wire ropes, then ropes from copper, bronze, brass and aluminum wires. In 1892 the company transformed into a stock corporation under the name F & G Carlswerk AG, with subsidiaries in Vienna and Budapest.
In 1969, the majority owner Arbed sold half of its share package (35%) of F & G Carlswerk AG, to the Dutch N.V. Philips Gloeilampenfabrieken. In 1978 the company earned over 14 million Marks and had 10 independent operating divisions.
In 1979, Philips, with a 35% stake in F & G, took over the remaining equity and incorporated the larger part of the company under the new Philips Communications Industrie AG (PKI). In 2004 F & G, after several reorganizations, was taken over by Grupo Ormazabal Anlagentechnik GmbH.
The certificate is authentic, historic, beautifully engraved, and in excellent condition.
It measures 12 X 8 in. (30 X 21 cm).